Liquid polymers and latex - testing and certification
There is an immense variety of polymeric products that have in common that processing or applying takes place in the liquid phase, followed by a drying and/or curing step into the end product.
The Kiwa Expert Centre Polymers has know-how, technical expertise and testing facilities for liquid polymers and latex, including:
- Liquid silicone rubbers (LSR)
- Polyurethane rubbers
- Natural and synthetic latex products
- Flexible coatings for waterproof roofing, concrete, corrosion protection, etc
- Polymer modified adhesives
- Polyester and epoxy resins
- Other polymer modified liquid products
An outline of our services for liquid polymers and latex:
- failure analysis
- service life prediction
- testing of physical-mechanical properties, testing of processing properties
- testing of weathering resistance, testing of chemical resistance
- testing of barrier properties (gas, moisture)
- testing according to ETAG 005, ETAG 022, ETAG 033, EN ISO 11600, EN 14891, EN 1504, EN 15814
- independent arbitrations
- consultancy with respect to specifications and requirements for specific applications
- material selections
- inspections and guidance
Flexible coatings - natural rubber latex - synthetic rubber latex - polyurethanes - polyurea - liquid silicone rubbers (LSR) - waterproof roofing kits - polymer modified bitumen emulsions - water dispersable polymers - corrosion protecting coating kits - polyester resins - liquid sealants - dipped products
Who is this for?
All parties involved with handling, use or production of liquid polymers and latex.
When is this needed?
- For inspections, approvals and certifcation.
- When questions or problems arise during production or use of liquid polymers and latex.
What to do next
Please contact us and share your question with us.