Polymer resins and raw materials - testing and analysis
Polymer resins and raw materials are often used for the extrusion of pipes or for the moulding of fittings and valves. Resins can be either for the strength bearing properties or for a specific functional purpose like barrier properties, adhesive tie layers or filling materials for stiffness of the product.
The materials and the function of the materials should be able to last at least the expected service lifetime of the product. Most gas and water piping systems are designed for a 50 year lifetime.
Of course you want to classify your material and to prove its quality. Kiwa can help you with your material evaluation and classification to prove the suitability of your material for plastics piping systems.
Kiwa offers the following services:
- lifetime prediction of your pipe and fitting resin for gas and water distribution and installation purposes
- evaluation of your material in accordance with ISO 9080 test method.
- ageing properties of materials
- functionality testing of the resins in product form
- chemical analysis of materials and resins
- consultancy with respect to specifications and requirements for specific applications
- material selections
- inspections and guidance on location
- quality control and validation
Who is this for?
Producers of polymeric resins and raw materials.
When is this needed?
Independend proving of the quality of your polymeric materials.
Leaflet Pipe Testing ISO 9080
ISO 9080 - long term hydrostatic strength - service life time prediction
What to do next
Please feel free to contact us for further information.